Ahh, I must add the name on the photograph. These are Echinacea magnus - sometimes I think also called cornflowers. A stately plant for the sunny, dry spots in a garden.
Fall chores & Türkiye
-
Yes, Autumn is here! 🍁Fall Chores are underway. I was up at 6 a.m.,
checking out back, I heard geese coming! The fish tank is ready. I run the
hose from ...
Friday Funnies
-
Next month, a new women's' clothing boutique is opening in a recently
vacated downtown storefront. The previous business was also a boutique and
when it wa...
Birthday Card froyom the Group
-
Most of these cards are humorous and lighthearted. They are perfect to
purchase just in case you find out that coworker is having a birthday. You
can get e...
Tench Fishing in Australia.
-
I caught my first Australian tench from a blink and you’ll miss it pond,
sandwiched between a sports oval and a community centre. No more than
four peo...
Blogging again in 2026!
-
I have decided to start writing here again. Yippee! Growing food, cooking
healthy food, social commentary and links to things I love. I hope you will
c...
Ears and Tails – Lions, Leopards and Cheetah
-
When searching for the three largest cats in our parks, we often find them
but can only see an ear or tail twitching in the grass. These fortunately
can be...
April hedgehog visitors & videos
-
April 2022 has been, to date, THE best hedgehog watching via the garden
cameras in all my time blogging! What a very special gardenwatching month
this ha...
A transformation...
-
Yes, the little pink house(shack) is under transformation...
yes, she has been sold and the kids that bought her
are totally smitten with her charm.
All t...
On walking the walk
-
I shared this beautiful quote by Dana back in February of 2017, when I was
still processing the ending of my 27 year marriage a few months prior. It
mea...
Two years later
-
I'm not much of a blogger any more, especially not much of a fish blogger.
My last post, A blank slate, was supposed to be my story of how I created a
new ...
Back.. late 2015
-
Hello world.. I seem to be back – a bit surprised to see how long since I
last posted anything here, but the time for notes and musings from the
border to...
Perfumes and Other Delights
-
April has put on her party dress. Dogwoods, redbuds, cherries and
crabapples are flouncing their fancy petals and the air is rich with heady
perfumes o...
The hog is back...
-
...good thing too as I've just stocked up on a whole load of mealworms.
I think I'd best clean out and refresh that water bowl tomorrow. It looks
rather g...
Old blue eyes
-
It has taken me several years to notice that my Orfe has got the most
lovely blue eyes. I still am unsure whether ‘Goldy’ is a female or male
fish. I thi...
Migration
-
It's that time of year
when
most of our feathered friends
migrate to
better climes.
It seems that Blogger and I have reached that time too.
This will be th...
In honor of Bernie
-
This was in the paper recently to honor our mother...
Bernie's children (Julianne and James) have blogs at these two location
links...
http://midlifejobh...
Back on the Leeds Liverpool
-
As expected, we didn't do the Ribble Link on Saturday & we were told it
would probably be Monday or Tuesday but there was an 20% chance that it
could be Su...
-
*Autumn in the Waikato*
This picture was taken at the peak of our autumn just about three weeks
ago. Right now most autumn trees have dropped their bright...
Amphenon as Creative Web Design
-
Web design is the art of creating web pages, this emphasis on creativity
and use of technologies such as the use of HTML, CSS, ASP, SSL, PHP, XML
and other...
York
-
We spent a brief, but fantastic weekend in York. Though we left only 24
hours after we arrived we managed to fit so much in. Our plan was to begin
by visit...
2 comments:
These are very pretty what are they?
Ahh, I must add the name on the photograph. These are Echinacea magnus - sometimes I think also called cornflowers. A stately plant for the sunny, dry spots in a garden.
Post a Comment