Suburban Wildlife

Where we can watch and relate to wildlife in a suburban backyard.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 14, 2011

To groom, or repot?


At this point I'm not sure what to do next. The plant looks like it should be moved to a bigger pot, but it also needs a bit of grooming. There are (I think) two too many leaves in the outer row. (Three leaves to each row). I also realized it was getting too much light. A lower wattage CFB made a big change within a few days.

3 comments:

jp@A Green Ridge said...

What wattage would you recommend? I, too, am concerned about mites. How can they be avoided?...:)JP

Rusty said...

I started with a 23 watt CFB, 12 hours a day but because of the limited space the bulb was only about five inches above the plant. A 13 watt bulb (also a CFL) should be enough.

By far the worst mite is found on Cyclamen plants. Don't mix them. The Cyclamen mite is deadly for AV growers. Also the cure is often more destructive to the plant than to the mite.

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

my vote...repot...and let it do its thing! :]