Suburban Wildlife

Where we can watch and relate to wildlife in a suburban backyard.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Thriving Bamboo




The few bamboo I transplanted from my childhood home is spreading. I don’t know the variety but I do know that it can be invasive. On the other hand it makes an excellent screen and is covered with clusters of tiny white blooms later in the summer. It attracts all sorts of bees and wasps making for some interesting photo opportunities.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I love Bamboo.

Many people dig a trench around where they want it to stay and add metal or tin in an effort to control its spreading.

Makes good fishing poles and have made a curtain for a inner doorway once by stringing sections on wire.

Bamboo is a delightful plant and toy.