Suburban Wildlife

Where we can watch and relate to wildlife in a suburban backyard.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Napoleon Waiting


Waiting for me to put more food on the feeder. He is stocking up for the snowstorm thats supposed to arrive early tomorrow morning. Even the birds seemed more excited. They kept me busy today. The weather is slightly warmer but still no sign of any raccoon activity this year. My bet is even the groundhog will be a no-show. (Grin). Smart critter!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful! That is one well fed squirrel! We are just getting the rain end of the storm here in West Virginia.

Gail said...

He seems very well fed. Great shot.

A Wild Thing said...

Poor Scratchy has had nothing to bark at for a whole day, no squirrels, no cats, no birds...all hunkered down awaiting the storm.

We'll see how it goes with the driveway from hell, I think I'll have to call in the big guns for this one...the most important thing right now is the pee trail...Scratchy is very particular(spoiled)!!!

But this is why I work at home(most of the time), so I never have to leave my lil' piece of paradise! Stay warm my friend!

sharon

Coneflower Ranch said...

He reminds me of our squirrel this morning looking so disappointed that the suet was empty. Especially after all the effort it took him to get to it, everything was coated in a half inch of ice and it took him several attempts to get to the feeder without slipping off!