Suburban Wildlife

Where we can watch and relate to wildlife in a suburban backyard.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 24, 2010


This has been one of the warm spring days when I could sit outside very quietly in the shade waiting for the daytime critters to get within camera range. There were quite a few species I did not manage to photograph, but it’s a start. My friendly (?) squirrel seemed to be considering if she should check out my pockets. Having experienced those needle-like squirrel claws in the distant past made me a little wary of that idea.

2 comments:

June said...

That is one big fat and happy squirrel!

Anonymous said...

Cute..we have miles of backyard fences in Edmonton all the same height..I call it the squirrel..Super highway..
Put an old sunflower head out for the birds and found a fat squirrel stuffing his cheeks..2 feet from the kitchen window..lots of fun around here..lol
LOLLY