Suburban Wildlife

Where we can watch and relate to wildlife in a suburban backyard.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Don't Rock the Boat!


Though Ms Skunk was a trifle agressive, the young raccoon was not backing off. In fact there were three of Kimmie's kits close by. They all ended up sharing without any real complaints. The black line on the tile gives some sense of their size - it's a foot long. Was I worried? A bit, but I had to get some photographs. Ms. Skunk seems to have become quite used to my very near presence.

3 comments:

Gail said...

You are far braver than me!

Rusty said...

Grin. Not at all - I just make sure I make no sudden moves. She has never raised her tail at me, or stamped - which is generally close to the last warning one might get. I'm sure this must be one I knew two years ago - either the mother skunk, or perhaps one of the youngsters at the time. I would have loved to get a photo from near ground level but I just did not quite have the nerve. (Very big grin).

Anonymous said...

Do you have bears there? just read about a 58 yr.young Ont.native who had a grizzly bear try eat her in her tent..she played "dead" til he departed..brave woman..