Suburban Wildlife

Where we can watch and relate to wildlife in a suburban backyard.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 19, 2010

Meet Charley...


Out of her (Kimmies) five kits - two stand out. The most interesting is Charley. Smart, inquisitive, not in the least afraid of me, gentle, (though still a wild animal) - and loves to play tag. Charley (I'm sure thats what he said his name was), is the only raccoon I will allow this far inside the retreat. The fan is right at the door - running full blast to try and keep the temperature inside here less than 90F! As a comparison for size the grill of the fan is 20 inches across. These baby raccoons grow fast! You will probably see and hear a lot more about Charley over the next two months.

3 comments:

Gail said...

I believe Charlie has plans of moving in.

Rusty said...

Well for now he is still listening to his mom. What he might be planning for the future is another matter. (No way Jose, sez I! For now though he is lots of fun.

I must be careful that he does not become too used to people. That could be very dangerous for him.

sandy said...

Okay, this is adorable...