Suburban Wildlife

Where we can watch and relate to wildlife in a suburban backyard.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 25, 2011

Lots of bloom coming!

No green thumb needed. If I remember correctly I killed two violets many years ago. I was on a third one - which was also looking ratty, when I decided to try putting it under a small desk lamp that was beside my computer. It worked! The plant prospered. Given enough light, and care in watering they will continue to bloom year after year. (Well, you will have to groom and repot but thats a future tale). Grin. The point is - ANYONE can grow these beautiful plants - ah well, almost anyone. They might not do so well if you lived in the artic. ;)

1 comment:

Gail said...

Not me! When mine begin to get sick, I pass them to my sister and she saves them...my green thumb has left the building.