Suburban Wildlife

Where we can watch and relate to wildlife in a suburban backyard.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 25, 2011

What a surprise!


Well this little plant continues to surprise me. These photos were taken a couple of days ago - and even more blooms have opened since.

I thought I had detected the start of a double crown, but after very close inspection it looks like I was wrong. Anyway, a double crown seldom detracts from a plants flowering capability, though it will destroy the symmetry of the plant.

I’m going to let it continue it’s flowering and repot it later.

6 comments:

bunnits said...

What a lovely surprise!

Gail said...

Beautiful...I notice you are rooting leaves, too. Mom used to place plastic wrap over hers with a hole for the leaf, creating a miniature green house.

Jenn Jilks said...

Mine is slowly dying...I'm so sad!

Thanks for visiting Oliver's tales!

Eve said...

I love the violet Rusty. When I see them I think of my mom. Maybe I'll pick one up for her to brighten her day!

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

BEAUTY-FUL!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Purple is my favorite color, Rusty, in all shades and variations and seeing your lovely blooms was wonderful! Glad they are doing so well under your care.